Celebrate 26 Years of the
Americans with Disabilities Act
The 26th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) is rapidly approaching. The ADA was signed into law on July 26, 1990. Throughout the year the Great Lakes Center will participate in celebrating this landmark event as a way of bringing attention to the important work that has been done to promote equal opportunity for people with disabilities and to highlight the work that is yet to be done.
The Great Lakes ADA Center, along with its ADA Affiliate Network has accomplished significant results toward voluntary compliance with the ADA. The ADA Anniversary Information and Resources has been designed to capture our collective achievements and highlight useful ADA information and materials that can be used to enhance your ADA anniversary events. We encourage duplication of these materials for print and distribution purposes.
The information and resources include the following materials:
- Press Release: The Great Lakes ADA Celebrates 26 Years of Facilitating Voluntary Compliance of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- ADA Developments in the Great Lakes Region Over 2015-2016 (IL,IN,MI,MN,OH,WI): Most recent circuit court decisions in the Great Lakes Region
- ADA Celebration Events: Many organizations in the region are holding celebrations - check to see if any are near you.
- Timeline of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- ADA National Network Anniversary Tool Kit
- The ADA Legacy Project The ADA Legacy Project celebrates our present by partnering with those who work to honor the milestones and accomplishments of the disability rights movement
- New Technical Assistance Materials