ADA Frequently Asked Questions

Category: Title II: State & Local Governments
Question: #26
How will the  A D A 's requirements for State and Local Governments be enforced?
Private individuals may bring lawsuits to enforce their rights under Title II and may receive the same remedies as those provided under section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, including reasonable attorney's fees. Individuals may also file complaints with eight designated Federal agencies, including the Department of Justice and the Department of Transportation.
Title I: Employment
Title II: State & Local Governments
Title III: Places of Public Accommodations
Title IV: Telecommunications
Title V: Miscellaneous Provisions

Last Updated on:
Fri Jul 7, 2017